1. Gardner Travel shall not be responsible for failure to perform the journeys detailed by reason of accident, fire, tempest, strikes or any cause outside its control, though every effort will be made to maintain service confirmed. There can be no guarantee that the vehicle will perform the journey in any given time – the Safety and Comfort of passengers always takes priority. Gardner Travel shall not be accountable for any loss, inconvenience or damage which may arise from delay, traffic congestion, road accident or breakdown.
2. Whilst every precaution is taken the Company will not in any case be responsible for loss or damage to any article placed on or carried on their vehicles. All personal property is carried on the vehicle entirely at the owner’s risk.
3. Day and tour itinerary must be submitted 14 days prior to departure. Failure will result in the Company adhering to quotation itinerary.
4. The Hirer undertakes to be responsible for the orderly and satisfactory behaviour of the members of the party; their conduct shall not be such as to cause annoyance to the public. Company reserves the right to terminate contract at any time without compensation due to bad behaviour. Individual passengers unfit to travel will be refused travel.
5. Quotations are given on the basis of the most suitable route and on information provided by the hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of the company and the driver, unless it has been particularly specified by the hirer, in which case it will clearly be shown on the confirmation and acceptance.
6. The hirer cannot assume use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor for it to remain at the destination for the hirer’s use unless this has been agreed with the company in advance.
7. Children under three years of age must not wear a seatbelt. Children under the age of five years are allowed to sit on the lap of an accompanied adult at all times and as such as carried entirely at the risk of the accompanying adult. On a Private Hire, no animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs agreed with the company in advance) may be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement from the company.
8. The Company reserves the right to adhere STRICTLY to DEPARTURE TIMES. Hirer is responsible to ensure all members are aware of times. Company will not be held responsible for in convenience or loss incurred. Company reserves the right to depart at stated times considering this fulfilment of contract. Delayed departures, when agreed, will be charged prior to departure.
9. The Hirer shall be responsible to the Company for any damage to the vehicle, fittings, equipment through negligence, misconduct or any fault of the Hirers or any passenger carried.
10. Should the Hirers wish to extend or vary the route from that specified on this form, written instructions must be signed by the Hirer, and retained by the Driver. Excess mileage and time taken will be liable to charge at the Company rate applicable on the date of travel.
11. DRIVERS’ HOURS REGULATIONS. Drivers’ hours are governed by Act of Parliament. All hiring arrangements are entered into by the Company on the basis of compliance with such regulations. Alterations to journey will only be accepted on the day if such regulations are not exceeded. Known changes should be advised before travel date so that the Company can ensure compliance. In the event of an unforeseen delay due to accidents or heavy traffic, it may be necessary for the driver to take an unplanned short break from driving – this is a legal requirement.
12. The vehicle is constructed to carry specific numbers. Hirers shall not permit the vehicle to carry more than the permitted number of passengers and if the Company vehicle insurance policy is violated in this respect, the Hirers will indemnify the Company against any loss arriving therefrom. Standing is not permitted on a coach.
13. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle on those on board at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of the PSV Regulations 1990. These regulations set out certain rights and responsibilities on all parties, and full details of these can be obtained from the company on request. The hirer is responsible for any damage or soiling caused to the vehicle by any passenger during the duration of the hire. Where the hire is to a sporting event, the hirer should be aware of the legal requirements relating to alcohol, contained in the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985 and the conditions of entry as laid down by the Race Course Association Ltd. The company will provide details of these restrictions on request.
14. No bill, poster, notice or sign is to be displayed on any vehicle without the consent of the company or the driver.
15. In the event of the Company being unable for reasons beyond its control to provide a suitable vehicle for the contract, the Company shall have the right to obtain an equally suitable vehicle from a third party. The performance of the contract by the third party shall be deemed to be a good discharge by the Company of its obligations of contract.
16. In the unlikely event of a breakdown, Gardner Travel reserves the right to hire coaches, which may be to a different specification and/or standard, from other companies to safely complete the journey as quickly as possible.
17. The Company will do its utmost to ensure coach is clean and presentable at all times. Hirer is responsible for group tidiness, excessive abuse will result in delayed service whilst cleaning is carried out, losses incurred will be at Hirer’s expense.
18. The consumption of Alcohol is not permitted on our coaches. In the event of a passenger soiling the vehicle due to sickness caused by the effects of alcohol, a cleaning charge of £25.00 will be enforced.
19. It is Illegal to Smoke anywhere in the Coach. If passengers wish to smoke outside, please stand well away from the coach, for the comfort of other passengers.
20. ENTRANCE FEES – FERRY TICKETS – MEALS – HOTEL RESERVATIONS. When bookings are made involving additional expenses the Hirer will be responsible for payment in full when such tickets are ordered. Hirers will be responsible for cancellation expenses. The Company reserves the right to charge a reasonable sum to cover expenses for booking and loss if cancellation is made without reasonable warning.
21. If the coach is fitted with SEAT BELTS, it is now a legal requirement for every passenger aged 14 and over to wear it at all times. Children aged between 5 and 13 (inclusive) are also encouraged to wear the seat belt. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure the seat belt is used. If you require assistance, do not hesitate to ask the driver. Gardner Travel does not accept responsibility for injury caused by misused belts, or failure to wear a seat belt.
22. Passengers should not distract the driver whilst the vehicle is in motion, or play personal audio equipment near to the front of the vehicle. Our highly experienced, professionally qualified PCV Drivers are responsible for your safety and comfort – please adhere to any instructions he/she may give.
23. CANCELLATIONS. In the event of a booking being cancelled with less than 14 days notice, a 10% cancellation fee will be charge. In the event of a booking being cancelled with less than 7 days notice, a 50% cancellation fee will be charged. In the event of a booking being cancelled on the day of the hire, the full amount will be charged.
24. Any order is subject to the vehicle type/size being available. A £50 Deposit is required to secure any booking. The balance of the payment must then be received in clear funds at least 7 days prior to the hire, unless other arrangements have been agreed with the company. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Gardner Travel’. The postal address is: Gardner Travel, Fenemore, London Road, Chelmsford CM2 8TF.
25. All prices quoted/agreed are subject to change if running cost (derv. tolls), statutory wages regulations are implemented above Company’s control. Notification will be made 7 days prior to departure.
26. Additional Charges:
Parking fees – to be paid direct by Hirer. Accommodation – all tours are based on Hirer supplying Half Board accommodation for driver/crew. Supplement £10 per day if B & B supplied, £50 per day if no accommodation supplied.
May we take this opportunity to wish you a successful and enjoyable journey. Our staff are on hand to help; please do not hesitate to ask if you need any assistance.
Correct at 19th August 2008